Monday, July 03, 2006

Enfin!

Finally! I've finished the transliteration of my first blogpost in french. It can be seen at http://conteur-francais.blogspot.com/ . It took longer than I planned, due to some unforseen circumstances. Also, to keep the phrases as pertinent as possible, I simply had to change some phrases at certain places. I must admit it was a bigger headache to try and translate the post than I had assumed; but it felt really good once it was finished. By the time it was over I realized how pathetic my french actually is.I actually spent 15-20 minutes agonizing over the correct transliteration of 'it could have been'.In the end I was stuck at choosing between 'il aurait pu être' and 'il pourrait avoir été'. Both sounded equally right(or wrong), so finally I chose the latter. I definitely need more practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home